Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Texture Tuesday Time

My contributions to Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.  The first photo is my favorite birdhouse-bright red. It successfully housed a family during the warmer months. They have now migrated to warmer weather-I hope! I layered two of the same photos-one in color and one switched to b&w then used the masking tool to erase over the birdhouse & reveal my bright red color. I used Kim's 'grungedup' texture twice on different levels and opacities to soften it up.
Home Sweet Home
This little fella greeted me this morning. He was feasting on some corn that used to be my fall decorations . We put the corn under one of the birdfeeders for all our wildlife to enjoy. I thought the squirrels would be the first to devour it but this little guy was really chowing down!
I played with hue & saturation, then added Kim's 'grungedup2' texture twice at different levels & opacities.
Season's Greetings
Hard to believe it's already December 10. Every year seems to fly by at a more rapid pace. And every year I start out with good intentions of keeping this blog updated on a somewhat regular basis. I also start each year thinking I'm going to play with photoshop more so I can continue to learn more about processing.
As you can see I did not fair so well this year.  But….there's always next year & it's just around the corner!
Life your life creatively~
Cathy

kimklassencafe

5 comments:

Lyn said...

Love the birdhouse and the bunny. I especially love how you did the birdhouse, thanks for the instructions.

aenee said...

Love your red birdhouse, red is my favourite colour :) great processing too !!
over from TT
Lily

Beverly said...

Such fun wintery photos! I love them both. The red birdhouse is so bright and cheery, and the bunny too cute!

Kelly said...

That rabbit pic is too cute. I'll be glad to see 2013 go..i'm ready for 2014! visiting from KK

Electric | Journal said...

I love how you layered your images, then scrubbed away the top one to reveal the red birdhouse. And the instructions (as Lyn said) are much appreciated by this PSE novice. Beautiful winter images!