Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winter Birch & Texture Tuesday

Winter Birch


I have been playing with photoshop again!! Today's contribution to Texture Tuesday is a photo of my river birches behind my house by the pond.  This particular photo was taken about 3 years ago. I love that there are still some fall leaves clinging to the tree.
I bumped up the hue & saturation a bit, played with the levels. Then I added Kim Klassen's organic texture on multiply at 55% blend. Then I added Kim's sunday texture on color burn at 97% blend and last but not least I added Kim's subtly yours texture on luminosity at 38% blend mode. Then the text layer was added and I used a drop down shadow on the text so it wouldn't get 'lost' in the tree branches.
I love the hazy, dreamy quality of the background in this and also the colors!
I played with LOTS of winter photos today. Printed out many on cotton and silk organza fabrics to use in some art quilts that I have in mind.
Hopefully, I can get to work on those this week and maybe post some process photos!
Until then~live your life creatively!
cathy
kimklassencafe

4 comments:

Peabea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peabea said...

I've never heard that quote before and it goes nice with your lovely photo. :)

Peabea, visiting from Texture Tuesday using my http://peabea.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-want-blue-bear.html instead of wordpress. Happy Tuesday

elizabeth said...

I'm next to you at Kim's! I love this photo and your edits. Birch trees are my favorite.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! I will come by to visit your blogs.